So I don't know why, but this week has been kind of weird. I feel like I'm almost in a dream, and I've felt like this all week. Know the feeling?
Maybe it's because 'out of the ordinary' things have been happening to me. Like Sunday, I drove back to Logan in a blizzard and survived...that was weird and scary, because I hate driving in snow...so I rarely am found driving in it.
Then on the highway in this blizzard I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw red and blue lights reflecting back at me. OH CRAP!!! Of course I would get pulled over by a cop in the middle of a blizzard. Before I went to pull over, I checked my speed...I was only going 78 mph...that's only 3 above the speed limit! Confused, I started to pull into the emergency lane and he motioned for me to stop, then he motioned for me to pull into the other lane. Now completely confused, I did as he told me. Then he just sped right past me...I don't think I have ever had a cop turn on his lights behind me and then pass me. And so, relieved that I wasn't getting pulled over for 3 mph over the speed limit, I continued on my way to Logan. That was weird.
Then on Wednesday night I went over to Kenny's to play games with Kelsha, Kristin, and other friends...not so weird and way fun...BUT then I got into the final round of rook. I am no good at rook which was proven in this final round. I suspect that us not keeping score in the first rounds may be why I was put in the finals and not a show of actual skill at rook that got me into the finals. Although I do try and have some strategy at the game.
Also this week I have gotten TWO positions that I've applied for...this never happens to me. I only...maybe...get one. But as of this week I am now the PRSSA Public Relations and Marketing Director AND a Rhetoric Associate, which means I will edit papers for a living (okay, well maybe not a living, but I will get paid for it. Yay!)
And this week was april fool's and I did not get fooled. This is also a very good thing, as I hate being made a spectacle of. And then I would have to retaliate worse to whoever pranked me and then we would be caught in a vicious cycle.
Don't get me wrong these are all very good things (especially me surviving the blizzard)...just weird.
1 comment:
I am glad you survived driving in a blizzard. Congratulations on your new position. Does this mean you will be in Logan for the summer, or is the position elsewhere?
Post a Comment