Monday, April 5, 2010

::anyone...anyone?::

So was anyone else thoroughly entertained by Google's April Fools Day joke?

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about here is a summary.

The mayor of Topeka temporarily changed the city's name to "Google" in order to attract a Google project that involves high speed internet.

So everyone, if you are going to Kansas, make sure to make a stop in Google.


Anyway...

So on April 1st Google (the search engine) temporarily changed its name to Topeka!

I about fell off my chair laughing! Seriously.

Then if you typed in topeka.com it rerouted to the google site. Google is quite clever.

**disclaimer: a few years ago the mayor renamed Topeka , ToPikachu, in tribute to the Pokemon rage...This leads me to believe that the mayor of Topeka is quite the hilarious man.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so funny! I would like to meet this Topeka man.

Chess said...

I think the Mayor of Topeka/Google and I could be friends! ;-)

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad you shared that story! I hadn't heard about it, but that is so funny!