I really do! This was actually a recent development. I usually never cry during movies and now I can't stop. Last week after I got home from Havasupai I sat on the couch and watched this movie:

along with other various Disney classic movies.
Needless to say, I know, but I will anyways, it was a VERY productive day.
Anyway, the first movie I watched was Hercules. And just when the movie was starting I started bawling. Full blown tears. I'm not sure why. I guess I just couldn't stand the thought of cute baby Hercules being taken away from his parents and pet flying horse.

I know, right? And the tears didn't stop there, as I was contemplating how he was growing up without his real family, the movie then came to the part where Hercules is a teenager and the other boys in the village do not include him in their frisbee games...and call him a geek.
(I was reminded of rudolph and his mean reindeer friends)
Another round of tears made their way down my face. How could people be so mean? I would include Hercules in my frisbee games. I cried for his earth father, who didn't know what to do with his awkward, misfit son. Why couldn't everyone just see that Hercules couldn't control his strength?
*disclaimer: I have seen this movie a few hundred times before and I haven't cried once.
Am I finally becoming an emotional girl? After years and years of stoney cold unfeeling attitudes at disney movies, has something has finally pulled at my little girl heart strings....? I guess that Hercules does have some very powerful emotions scripted into it. I mean, who doesn't feel inspired by the song "Where I Belong"?
3 comments:
I never used to cry either. And then one day, I was bawling my eyes out at the end of Tarzan.
Please, Krista. Stop. I would like to pretend we still have something in common. (jk I cry during the little princess movie every time. "Papa! Papa! Please!" ...sniff).
okay, so i never used to cry either! but hercules, tarzan, the lion king (simba feels bad and runs away), mulan, brother bear, monsters inc (when boo is scared of sully)...that's enough right? i think that's enough to make my point. i've cried at those.
Post a Comment