Friday, September 11, 2009

::september 11::

Raise your hand if you forgot that today was 9/11. I know I did.
Now watch this video.

Now think about what happened...

...

...

I think that it is up to all of us to remember the people that died eight years ago today. A lot of what's happened since we tend to criticize or take for granted. But those people didn't choose to be on the planes, this was an act of terrorism.

“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children."

- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001

So...are we forgetting? Do we remember the emotions we felt when terrorists attacked the U.S.? I heard someone say today that since they weren't really affected by the attack, they didn't really care. This made me very sad...

It's easy to say. But if it did affect you...would you want someone to be so non-chalant about it?

Regardless, very good people died eight years ago, some fighting to save lives, others fighting to save our country.

They deserve our respect.

3 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

It is so crazy to think about what happened that day. When we were in middle school and we woke up for school and saw that on the news... I really wish the teachers would have let us watch the news that day. No one really understood what was happening... but we knew it was important.

Matt and Mandy said...

your blog is adorable! come visit ours! mattandmandyolsen.blogspot.com

Cody said...

Because September 11 (today) is the day before Lotoja, I have been getting calls at the hotel for months with people trying to reserve a room for that night. It kind of made the date lose meaning for me. It's good to remember and gain perspective.