This amazing little girl is Jake's niece, Madalyn.
Madalyn, at only 2 years old, has been battling cancer for the last year. A little over two weeks ago the doctors told her family that the cancer she had been fighting had covered her brain.
They said they didn't know how long she had left.
On July 14th, 2009, Madalyn went back to our Heavenly Father...
I've known Madalyn and her family for almost two years. I have been constantly amazed by their's and Madalyn's strength through her sickness.
In these past years I have loved going over to Trish & Terrell's (her parents) house to go play with Madalyn and her brothers. I loved watching her trot around the house blowing spit bubbles and kisses at everyone. I loved holding her and her twin brother Eli and running around their backyard with them.
I feel truly blessed for the chance I had to know this adorable little girl and her amazing family.
Saturday was little Madalyn's funeral. Once again I found myself watching in amazement as the family, again, demonstrated an inner strength and grace throughout the day. I know that her family will be reunited with dear, little Madalyn one day and they will be so happy.
Again, I just want to say that I feel truly blessed and lucky that I received the chance to know Madalyn and her family. Madalyn will be deeply missed by everyone that was lucky enough to be touched by her amazing little spirit.
Read more about Madalyn's story and her family here.
This song by Jessie Clark funk was played at Madalyn's funeral...
1 comment:
Hello. Just came across your blog.I think its really different and unique. I like it a lot. Feel free to come check out mine if you like.
Post a Comment