Monday, November 17, 2008

::monday::

I'm not really sure what to write about today, so I'll just jot some things down that have been bothering me for the last few days. Not a real bother, just a little 'Oh, well that's dumb,' bother.

Registration:

As most of you know registration was last week. Why does it seem like everytime this event comes up, my world is turned upside down. No joke! It really does!

Example: Well this last time I found out that I'm currently in a class that I really don't need to graduate. Even though my advisor assured me that I would definitely need it to graduate...Hmm, sometimes I think advisors do this stuff on purpose to postpone the would be graduate and therefore elicit more money from them...anyways...luckily, I have a new advisor who is awesome and counted the class I'm in for something else I did need. Wahoo!

Professors:

Actually only some, namely one at this moment. Most professors (especially the ones at USU) are way cool, and I get along great with them.

Example: So last week I had a project due for one of my classes. My group and I worked really hard on this project. We turned it in to this professor early so that she could edit it and then give it back to us so we could fix the corrections, then turn it in when it was due. So we get it back the next week and we think we got a pretty good grade and we only got a B. Okay, yes I know that this is a pretty good grade, it just surprised us when we thought we did better.

When we asked her why we got a lower grade she said that she takes everything out of 95 instead of 100, because nothing is perfect. (So if you think about this we actually got an A- because technically it's 85/95). Then she said this...and I'm quite serious "I was just trying to prove a point." Well I don't think professors should be proving points with grades.

I was a little frustrated.

Oh well.

C'est la vie

No comments: