Sunday, January 31, 2010

::mighty morphin power rangers::

Yes...I watched this yesterday, with roommate, Claire. The original, of course. And it...was...AWESOME!


For those of you who have never seen this, or think that it is too dumb to watch, here are some highlights of yesterday's show.

  • Blue ranger (Billy) and pink ranger (Kimberly) switched brains through an electronic malfunction in the first 5 minutes.
  • Pink ranger was the only one freakin' out about it...hmmm.
  • Robot "Alpha" complaining about how it certainly isn't as easy to save a planet as it used to be. Random exclamation of "Aye-yi-yi!" were included.
  • Oh don't worry, Zordon, the floating head in a smoke screen was calling the shots, very Wizard of Oz-ess.
  • Rita Repula, aka 'empress of evil', screeching every 10 seconds about the "idiots" foiling her evil plot...pretty sure she's a smoker of 30 years.
  • And I'm pretty sure that the power rangers got transported at least 5 times in 30 seconds.
  • Yes, the evil villain did turn into a gigantic size to reap destruction on Angel Grove, but the power rangers called on their trusty mega sized dinosaur robots to defeat the villainous fiend.
  • And don't worry, the power rangers once again saved the world in 30 minutes.
  • Rita then swore vengeance on the rangers and she'd get them next time.

Too cool for rangers? I don't think so, no one is that cool.

3 comments:

Cody said...

I watched it too. I have been trying to watch it every Saturday since they started showing the classic ones. I'm not sure how I feel about all the BANGS and POWS that have been added.

Chess said...

Holy crap, that was my FAVORITE show when I was growing up! I miss it! When do they show it and what time?

Kalisha said...

Now I know why I wasn't allowed to watch that show as a child. . .I missed out on so much kid culture though!